Welcome to the Resources Page of GoodNewsr.com!
Here, we’ve collected a range of links to useful resources that promote positive news, solutions journalism, and the science of why good news is good for us. We’ve organized the resources into categories and included short blurbs explaining why each resource is important.
We hope you find these resources helpful in your quest for good news!
Solutions journalism is a type of reporting that focuses on solutions to social problems, rather than just highlighting the problems themselves. Here are some resources to help you learn more about solutions journalism:
- Solutions Journalism Network (https://solutionsjournalism.org/) – The Solutions Journalism Network is a nonprofit organization that supports and connects journalists who are reporting on solutions to social problems. Their website includes resources for journalists, as well as a database of solutions-focused stories.
- The Elements of Solutions Journalism (https://www.solutionsjournalism.org/what-is-solutions-journalism) – This article from the Solutions Journalism Network explains the key elements of solutions journalism, and provides examples of solutions-focused stories.
- The Power of Solutions Journalism (https://www.ted.com/talks/tina_rosenberg_the_power_of_solutions_journalism) – In this TED Talk, journalist Tina Rosenberg explains how solutions journalism can inspire positive change in communities.
Good News Sources
If you’re looking for sources of positive news, here are some websites and publications to check out:
- Positive News (https://www.positive.news/)
Positive News is a magazine and website that focuses on solutions-focused journalism and positive news stories from around the world.
- The Good News Network (https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/)
The Good News Network is a website that curates positive news stories from a variety of sources, including mainstream news outlets.
- The Optimist Daily (https://www.optimistdaily.com/)
The Optimist Daily is a daily email newsletter that delivers positive news stories and solutions-focused journalism to your inbox.
The Science of Good News
There is growing evidence that reading and watching positive news can have a range of benefits for our mental and physical health. Here are some resources to help you learn more about the science of good news:
- The Benefits of Positive News (https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/positive-media/201912/the-benefits-positive-news) – This article from Psychology Today
Other Good News Sources
- Happy News (https://www.happynews.com/) – Happy News is a website that publishes positive news stories from around the world, with a focus on uplifting and inspiring content.
- Sunny Skyz (https://www.sunnyskyz.com/) – Sunny Skyz is a website that publishes positive news stories, feel-good videos, and heartwarming photos.
- Today Good News (https://todaygoodnews.com/) – Today Good News is a website that curates positive news stories from around the world, with a focus on stories that inspire hope and positivity.
- Greater Good Magazine (https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/) – Greater Good Magazine is a publication of the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley, which focuses on research-based approaches to promoting happiness, well-being, and resilience.
- Positive Psychology Program (https://positivepsychology.com/) – Positive Psychology Program is a website that provides resources and tools for promoting positive psychology, including articles, courses, and assessments.
- The Happiness Lab (https://www.happinesslab.fm/) – The Happiness Lab is a podcast that explores the science of happiness and provides practical tips for cultivating more joy and positivity in your life.
- TED Talks (https://www.ted.com/) – TED Talks are a series of inspiring and informative talks on a wide range of topics, from science and technology to creativity and personal growth.
- Brain Pickings (https://www.brainpickings.org/) – Brain Pickings is a website that curates inspiring and thought-provoking content from a variety of sources, including literature, philosophy, and science.
- Goalcast (https://www.goalcast.com/) – Goalcast is a website that features inspirational videos and articles, with a focus on personal growth and self-improvement.
We hope you find these resources helpful in your quest for positivity, inspiration, and good news!